Submersible winding wire is used in wide array of industries especially in submersible pumps. Highly pure electrolyte grade copper is used in manufacturing these wires. There are many renowned manufacturers of these wires that maintain high standards for creating extra softness in annealed conductors.
These submersible winding wires play extremely important role in proper functioning of heavy motors, where slightest quality issue or any kind of defect can lead to creation of big issues in the entire set-up. If there are any issue in the submersible winding wire then that may also lead to failure of pump during extremely important operations. That is the reasons why the leading manufacturers of such wires take into account all the possible failure issues so that at the time of manufacturing all the probable issues can be avoided.
In fact, numerous tests are conducted on the wire so that these wires have flawless quality. Some of the tests performed on these wires before releasing them in the market include elongation test, spring back test, melting point test, spark test, thermal ageing in air test, heat shock test, and many more.
Submersible winding wire comes with numerous features and properties that make this the preferred choice of submersible pumps. Some of the features are listed and discussed below –
• Most important properties of these wires include chemical, thermal, mechanical, and electrical properties, which ultimately help in withstanding abrasions and frictional losses. Biaxially oriented synthetic film is used in production of insulating material. This material is then placed concentrically around the conductor. This has been seen to have a very high life.
• Tensile strength of these submersible winding wires is extremely high, which again supports at every point of the wire where excessive stretching takes place.
• Overall diameter of these wires is less than that of the conventional PVC winding wires. This makes the former easier to wind. That’s why submersible winding wire is preferred and so predominantly used in motors.
• With easier winding facility of the wire, the motor size of the pump also gets reduced. In fact, this facility helps in development of smaller pumps, which ultimately saves the costs of materials, stamping, and castings. It has been seen that these facilities save up to 25 per cent in cost of pumps.
• There are many other properties and features associated with the submersible winding wires. Some of them are dielectric strength, ability to withstand 130°c temperature for a short period of time or -60°C to 105°C continuously, less leakage of current, tear resistant, and more mechanical strength.
How GST Affects Submersible Winding Wire?
After the first government’s announcement of the GST rates, the lighting industry was apprehensive. Though there were revision of rates on June 3 and June 11, confusion persisted due to the presence of multiple lists as well as categorisations. However, the confusion was done away with in the 14th Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council Meeting, where it was clearly mentioned that the winding wires, LED lights/fixtures, Metal Core Printed Circuit Board panels, LED driver, and many more come in the 18 per cent rate bracket, much lower than the earlier proposed 28 per cent rate. After this announcement, it has been decided that no price increase will take place in the GST regime.